Easy Crab Imperial Recipe is a simple and classic Maryland seafood recipe that really lets the flavor of the crab shine. It is warm, creamy, and delicious.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, scooped to remove any bits of shell
PREPARATION OF MAKING EASY CRAB IMPERIAL RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, salt, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the parsley, shallot, and crab. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spread on top of crab mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or a toasted baguette.
Stir the crab gently so it doesn’t break up too much.