Easy Mexican hot chocolate drink recipe (Champurrado) is a tasty and healthy drink from Mexico. You’ll feel energized and flavorful after having it because it contains chocolate and cinnamon spices. Both adults and children will love it!
- 12 cups water, divided use
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups masa (corn flour)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar or 2 large cones (6 ounces each) of piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar)
- 1 to 4 ounces NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK RECIPE
Combine 8 cups of water and cinnamon in a large pot. Put it to boil
Pour the rest of the water and flour into a blender and cover. Blend until smooth. Pass the mixture through a fine strainer.
Pouring it into the pot that contains the water with the cinnamon. Let it boil.
Reduce heat to the lowest level; cook, constantly stirring, with a wire whisk, for 6 to 7 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Add the sugar, chocolate, and vanilla extract.
Cook, frequently stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and the flavors have combined.
1 thought on “EASY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK RECIPE”