- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 (28-ounce) jars of spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) of unboiled lasagna noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) of shredded Mexican cheese mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of water
PROCEDURE OF MAKING LASAGNA RECIPE WITHOUT RICOTTA CHEESE
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the melted butter until the flour dissolves. Slowly whisk the milk into the butter-flour mixture until a thick white sauce forms, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard fat. Add spaghetti sauce and nutmeg to ground beef; cook until spaghetti sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread a layer of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top gravy layer with lasagna noodle layer; top with 1/3 of the white sauce, 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce, 1/3 of the Mexican cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese, respectively.
- Repeat 1 more layer of each ingredient; top with 1 more layer of lasagna noodles, remaining white sauce, Mexican cheese mixture, and Parmesan cheese. Pour water around the edges of the plate. Cover the plate with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheeses are melted, about 10 minutes more. Let lasagna rest 10 minutes before serving.
Also read: ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH RICOTTA
1 thought on “LASAGNA RECIPE WITHOUT RICOTTA CHEESE”