This easy-to-make creamy chicken noodle soup recipe is the absolute cure for all things cold and bleak. Rich in a flavorful broth, tender chicken, and hearty Reames Frozen Egg Noodles, this soup will be your go-to cure for the winter blues!THICK CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth Bring up to 7 cups (depending on how thick you prefer / the noodles will also thicken the soup)
- 1 shredded roast chicken
- 24 ounces Frozen Egg Noodles
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley optional for garnish
PREPARATION OF MAKING THICK CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- Add 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) of butter to a large pot over medium heat until melted.
- Add the chopped onions, celery, and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables become somewhat tender and soft, about 5-6 minutes, then set aside.
- Add remaining ¼ cup butter over medium-low heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to lightly brown until golden in color (approximately 8-12 minutes)
- Whisk in the chicken stock, return heat to medium, and allow to soften, then bring to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and vegetables back into the pot and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add the entire package of Frozen Egg Noodles to the pot and stir to separate.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the noodles are tender but firm, spoon the soup into bowls, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
ALSO READ: HEINZ SLOPPY JOE RECIPE