Excellent Vegetarian Baked Beans with Canned Beans originates from applying the great technique to high-quality active ingredients.
The excellent method means knowing how to cook. If that’s something you can’t say you know how to do, then start with a recipe. One of the best things about the Internet is the variety of great instructional videos available at no cost.
Once you’ve felt like you know exactly how to implement the dish, get some great components and give it a spin. It might take you a while or two to get it right, but once you do, move on to something new.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS WITH CANNED BEANS
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cans (15 ounces) of navy beans, rinsed and drained
STEP OF MAKING VEGETARIAN BAKED BEANS WITH CANNED BEANS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeño. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bourbon and simmer for 4 minutes. Put out the fire.
- In a large bowl, combine tomato paste, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and paprika; beat until smooth.
- Add onion mixture and beans; stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish—cover and cook for 35 minutes. Uncover and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.